Coronavirus | Hub
Stay updated on the coronavirus pandemic
This page provides an index to all our COVID-19 related content and the latest updates on this ever-changing situation. Scroll down to see the updates plus links to essential documents and webpages which you can download and view.
Subscribe to Retra Notifications and whenever we update the content on this site you will receive an email alert. Simply login and visit your Member Dashboard. Then select 'yes' to receive 'Retra Notifications'.
Government Guidance on Face Coverings
UK Government "Plan for Jobs"
Delivering his Summer Economic Update in Parliament on 8 July, the Chancellor announced a package of measures to support jobs in every part of the country, give businesses the confidence to retain and hire, and provide people with the tools they need to get better jobs.
Click to go straight to our dedicated page for more details on the new Job Retention Bonus scheme and other initiatives announced in July.
Data protection during coronavirus
As lockdown restrictions start to ease and businesses begin to reopen, the ICO has set out the key steps organisations need to consider around the use of personal information. Click below to view our page on managing your personal data policy during coronavirus with particular emphasis on data relating to your employees.
Reopening your business
In June, many of our members reopened their premises for trading. This page contains information and resources to help you ensure that you are complying with the latest government guidelines and managing the wellbeing and health and safety of your staff and your customers while the coronavirus pandemic continues.
The UK government has set up a series of Helplines and Webpages which you will find useful in managing your business and finding the right support during the current crisis.
We've also pulled out the relevant points from the government's COVID-19 Recovery Strategy which you should familiarise yourself with as a matter of priority.
We have included a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to keeping your business safe and compliant during the coronavirus emergency.
Try and visit these often as we are constantly updating them when new information arrives in and the situation changes.
Financial Support Index
Click below to view links to all the information you need regarding the various financial support packages that the government has made available to business.
Includes full detail on the CJRS (Furlough) scheme, bounce back loan scheme, claiming for holiday pay & SSP, income tax plus support for the Self Employed.
The latest Government-issued bulletins for businesses and employees contain important advice and updates supplied by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Click below to view the bulletins and stay appraised of the latest updates.
Click on 'Organisations' to view essential advice, information and guidance provided by the NHS, ACAS and the government.
The advice from these organisations takes precedence over any other content on this page.
Click on 'Documents' to find links to the documents we have been sent by the government & advisory agencies or published ourselves. Includes setting up your COVID-19 Risk Assessment
(You will need to be logged in to your Retra account to view all of these)
Retra Risk Assist
You should also check in with Retra Risk Assist where you can view, download and follow links to a variety of additional business resources to help you manage the current situation.
(You will need to have an account with Retra Risk Assist to view these pages)
For details on support for trading during coronavirus in Scotland click the button below.
For details on support for trading during coronavirus in Wales click the button below.
As a rule, employers should continue to do the following:
Keep communication flowing.
This is an ever-changing situation so it’s important to keep talking about the actions you are taking.
Have an open-door policy for any concerns that employees may have.
In addition, you should make it your duty to familiarise yourself with the general guidelines listed below:
- Review and update all employee contact numbers and emergency contact details.
- Know where your staff are travelling to and returning from. This applies to both business and holiday travel.
- Remain current with government advice regarding self-isolation/quarantine requirements from each country.
- Advise employees experiencing even mild symptoms of coronavirus, such as fever and/or a new persistent cough to stay at home for seven days. If symptoms worsen to contact 111 for medical advice. If a member of an employee’s household has contracted it, the employee should self-isolate for 14 days.
- Managers should be informed of how to spot symptoms of coronavirus, (login to see 'organisations' and 'FAQs').
- Have a clear process to follow if someone is diagnosed with coronavirus.
- Ensure that you provide clean places for people to wash their hands with hot water and soap and encourage your staff to do this regularly.
- Think about protective resources. For example, hand sanitisers/gel and tissues should all be made available. Non-alcoholic hand sanitiser might be preferable to some employees on religious or belief grounds, so it might be advisable to offer both. Current PHE guidance is that face masks are ineffective and are not recommended as a preventative measure.
- Increase general cleaning routines for handrails, door handles etc.
- Think about planned business travel and question whether it is essential.
- Have a home working policy.
- Have a business continuity plan.
- Keep employees thinking pragmatically. Those who have laptops should take them home each night so they can continue to work if they are unable to come in.
Please login to view additional content on the members-only page.
If you need assistance logging in, please Contact us